30 July 2008

I'm off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard...etc

Sitting in SkiPole airport on route to Australia for a three week holiday, off road biking in the outback with Gareth and some of his mates. Its going to be great. Its only really just sunk in that it is actually happening and I am pretty excited and just a bit nervous.

I have been riding bikes for 25 years, lots of miles all around europe but not a huge amount of off road stuff. I get the impression that these guys do this a lot and are pretty nifty, hopefully I won't be "the fat german at the back". We'll see how it goes anyway. I know for sure that the sceanary and the setting will be stunning and the riding good fun. I have always loved spending time in the desert and it will be a treat to sleep out under the southern sky again.

So 26 hours as a hostage to KLM and I arrive in Perth at midnight on Thursday. Don't think I'll be able to post too much after that but we shall see what happens...

The map below was provided by Gareth when I asked for some more info on where we were headed. Hmmm looks kinda empty, but I guess that is the point.

Gareth's very detailed map

No comments: