10 September 2010

Friday Joke - Catholics

Since the Pope will soon be visiting the UK, here are some catholic jokes...

(and if you want something more irreverent, dealing with how he is actually a Nazi war criminal who endorses child abuse, try this and this from the excellent Dailymash)

__________________________________________

A man made his way quickly through the carriages of a train in Ireland, calling out "I need a priest! Is there a Catholic priest on the train?". There was no reply. He then went back through the train, asking "Is there a rabbi on the train?". Again, no reply. He made his way through a third time, crying out "OK, is there an Anglican clergyman on the train?". Still no answer. Finally a man in in the corner of the carriage timidly raised his hand and said "I am a Presbyterian minister, if that's of any help". The man took one look at him and said "That's no good, we're lookin' for a corkscrew.".

____________________________________

The Catholic Priest rode his bicycle by the Baptist church every day on his lunch hour for exercise. He and the Baptist Pastor got to be good friends. One day, the Priest came walking by the Baptist church. "Where is your bike?" the pastor inquired. "Someone stole it!" "Well, someone stole some property from our church recently and I preached on the ten commandments last Sunday and the guilty person confessed and returned the property." Next week the Priest rode his bike by the Baptist church. "Hey, I see you got your bicycle back!" exclaims the pastor. "Yeah, that was a great idea you had about preaching on the ten commandments. When I got to 'Thou shall not commit adultery,' I remembered right where I left my bike!"

_____________________________________

The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, "You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?"
The driver is understandably hesistant and says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that."
But the Pope persists, "Please?" The driver finally lets up. "Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the Pope."
So the Pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over.
The cop walks up and asks the Pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the Pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.
Cop: Chief, I have a problem.
Chief: What sort of problem?
Cop: Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.
Chief: Important like the mayor?
Cop: No, no, much more important than that.
Chief: Important like the governor?
Cop: Wayyyyyy more important than that.
Chief: Like the president?
Cop: More.
Chief: Who's more important than the president?
Cop: I don't know, but he's got the Pope driving for him!

No comments: