20 March 2009

Utah is the happiest state

I have always loved Utah, despite its somewhat strange religious leanings and its very weird drinking laws the combination of mountains, high deserts, big rivers and awesome geology have repeatedly drawn me back. In fact if it had a coast line with some nice beaches I think I'd be living there now (the Great Salt Lake doesn't count!).

A recent survey suggests that its the happiest place in the US with the highest standard of living. Like Norway but with big cars and more hand guns. The map is below, interesting to note that the bit with either mountains or a decent coastline score better than the crappy flat bits in centre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to see Kentucky comes out bottom of the pile - I can see where the people living there are coming from!